If you’re having one of those days..you know which one I mean. Where you’ve been out and about all day, or chasing your kids around, or even just having one of those lazy days with ZERO energy to put into dinner that night, but you still need to feed everyone…then this recipe is for you.
Not only will you fill some bellies, and have leftovers, but you won’t have to spend the rest of your paycheck to do it! So if you want to know how to make this delicious Mac & Cheeseburger Pasta Bake, keep reading!
My fiance and I have had crazy schedules lately, and with wedding planning and needing to save our money, we’ve had to get creative and figure out some cheap, quick, healthy meals to whip up. We mainly look to make our meals in bulk so we have food ready to go for a few days. If this sounds like something that would be helpful to you, we’ve got loads of recipes that I will be sharing on this blog that will hopefully help you!
Now we are no chefs, but when you’re needing to be frugal, it can definitely get your creative juices flowing when it comes to how to you will spend your money wisely. So if you’re on a budget and you’d like to a cheap (but still delicious!) recipe that you can tweak to your own taste, I think you’ll like this one.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 1/2 lbs Elbow Macaroni
1 Jar of Vodka Sauce (We used Bertolli brand)
1 Can of mushrooms
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (We use a generous amount of cheese, but you decide what works for you!)
1 Cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
3 tbs garlic powder
2 tbs basil
2 tbs parsley
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp black pepper
1. In a large pot, boil macaroni.
2. In a large skillet, cook ground beef along with Parmesan cheese, and half of the total amount of all other seasonings. (You’ll be adding the rest in soon)
3. Add mushrooms, and saute until beef is cooked all the way through.
4. Once macaroni is finished boiling, drain and add the jar of vodka sauce.
5. Add beef and mushroom mix to the pot.
6. Add the rest of your seasonings and mix together. (Here you can add or subtract the amount of seasonings you would like. We like to have our meat pretty flavorful, but if you’re trying to cut back or don’t want as much of an ingredient, do what suits you!)
7. Spray the bottom of a 13x9in saucepan, add one layer of pasta (ends up being about half of the total amount).
8. Sprinkle 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, covering the pasta layer.
9. Add the rest of pasta, creating another layer.
10. Add rest of the shredded cheese.
11. Bake at 350 degrees, for 20 minutes (or until cheese is fully melted)
12. Let sit for 5 minutes.
13. DIG IN!
Don’t forget to subscribe to stay updated on more quick & easy recipes! Thanks for reading!