Just a few years ago, my life was all about work and sleep. I didn’t have much free time on my hands, but when I did, I can honestly say I didn’t make good use of it. I usually spent my time watching movies or on the Internet. It never felt like I was getting much done. And on top of that, I had no idea what I actually enjoyed anymore because I wasn’t trying anything new.
So, I decided to step out of my comfort zone to find myself and what made my soul happy. If you’re having trouble figuring out things to do in your free time, and find yourself giving in to the Facebook-scroll addiction, I hope these ideas can give you some motivation to put the phone down and try something new! Who knows, it may even inspire you to start a whole new career!
(This post will be a List only. If there are any that you would like more info for, or ideas of how to start, I would be more than happy to make a series going into more detail!)
1. Blogging and/or Vlogging (Of course :D)
2. Making Your Own Bath & Beauty Products (Check Pinterest for Tips on How to Make Your Own. Research what Each Ingredient Does and Start Your Own Recipes!)
3. Designing Printables/Labels/Stickers On Your Computer (You may find you are more creative than you thought) (Super easy, free programs to use for this)
4. Try Out Different Instruments. (If one doesn’t work for you, that doesn’t mean you’re not musical at all, just try something else!)
5. Play Puzzle Games On of Offline (Sudoku, Crosswords, WordSearch, Hidden Object, Actual Puzzles)
6. Read Nonfiction AND Fiction (Fiction is actually extremely beneficial to your development)
7. Go Walking or Running in the Park and Take in the Scenery
8. Photography (Use Iphone and apps if you don’t have a camera)
9. Freelance Writing (for blogs, magazines, etc about topics that interest you)
10. Refurbish Old Furniture From Thrift Stores or That Neighbors are Throwing Out.
11. Cake Decorating (Cheap supplies from your local Craft store or Supermarket) (This is actually super fun once you get started!)
13. Start an Instagram page and Share Pictures of Your Life and Passions (Use Editing Apps to Get a Clean, Consistent Look Throughout Your Feed)
14. Get the SkillShare App and Start Developing All Kinds of Skills That Interest You
15. Create Your Own Wooden Signs
16. Painting (It’s Actually A Lot Easier Once You’re Shown How To Do One Step by Step)
17. Smule: Karaoke App (If you love singing and would like to join others online in a duet to your favorite songs)
18. Bike Riding
19. Grow Your Own Indoor Plants
As I said, this was a list only post, but I will gladly share more info if any of these interest you! I hope you enjoyed. Make sure to leave a comment if you were able to get something from this!